So then I went to another blog I'm often interested in, that of Ayelet Waldman. I enjoyed her book "Bad Mother", and though I found her observations witty and insightful, I am bothered by what a sense of self promotion that I pick up in her writings. Perfect fodder for my restless mind on this foggy morning! I come to find that she doesn't have a blog-she Tweets! Everything you always wanted to say in 140 characters or less. Sheesh. What is our world coming to? So I read a few posts and all she's doing lately is complaining about air travel and the Marriot hotel chain. Wholly unsatisfying.
So I am left wondering, what does this all mean? What am I into? What am I passionate about? I honestly don't know, and I feel like any attempt I might make into trying some things out would render me nothing but a poser. I LIKE a lot of things, put I'm not passionate about any one thing. People who are passionate seem to easily cross the line into fanaticism....I don't want to be a one dimensional, crazy person! How can I be fully pour myself into something and be good at it without becoming obsessed? What does it all mean anyways??!

No comments:
Post a Comment